CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Oh My Toe!


A week ago yesterday as I was taking a stroll across the lawn at a church pool party, a nasty sidewalk had the audacity to trip me- in front of everyone- and break my big toe (left foot, ouch, no running 6 weeks, double ouch!). Then yesterday our minister had the audacity to step on my broke toe! OK, not literally...but it still hurt...He was teaching on "Do no harm" Galatians 5:13-26. And one simple statement stuck my heart..."Do you harm others with your silence?" I knew immediately the Holy Spirit had spoken. Now normally I am a easy-going, optimist, mercy-giving kind of gal. BUT there have been many times that I have felt slighted or left out and have used my silence to do harm to that person. How? By not giving my approval, by not giving an affirming word when the opportunity arose, by deliberately walking the other way to avoid them. Gal. 5: 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.


Oh Father, forgive me for not keeping in step with the Spirit. I have sinned against You and my brothers and sisters. I thank you that Your Holy Spirit resides in me, Your child. Father, allow my words to be life-giving and not let me use silence to be life-stealing. I pray that this day my life in the Spirit will bring You glory and honor and a smile. In the saving name of Jesus, Amen!



TWO DAYS and counting!

School starts on Wednesday and I'm not sure I'm ready...this has been a fun summer. The children have been great and even though I function the best on routine, this is going to be a crazy year...My Gracie starts high school (don't get me started, that's another post), Cortland will be in 5Th grade and Jake 1st grade!


Keeping in step (broke toe and all) with the Spirit!
Teresa

1 comments:

Fran said...

OUCH! You got me too. I can take that silence and use as a tool of "not gonna go there" kind of thing. Lets just keep on "not talking about it."

This has been all over me too. You've been used to get all over me. Thanks! And, I truly mean it.

Praying for us all this week.
Lots of love,
Fran