CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Count 'em 1....2....3!



We interrupt this incredibly busy first week of school for an important announcement!.....


At approximately 7:00 Thursday night a very surprised momma cow of ours gave birth to TRIPLETS..that's right- triplet calves..count'em 1...2....3.....For all you city girls...let me tell you in the cattle world this is HUGE! (and sorry Fran...didn't have my camera!) ...Unfortunately one died early this morning... Triplets are rare indeed, and even more rare is for all three to survive. Needless to say we've had some excited children around here (big kids too!). I will try to have pictures next week of the twins...they are adorable.


As I was watching them try to take those first wobbly steps, I was filled with wonder. New life, triple blessings, life's surprises. I thought about when I first became a Christian..new birth..and all those wobbly steps! How many times I would take two great steps in faith only to fall to the ground with the next step. But just like the momma cow nudged her babies up, I was fortunate to have some sweet ladies nudge me up and along. Do you know a new Christian who could use a little "nudging" (aka: encouragement)? Please don't hesitate to offer encouragement when it is in your power to do so. We have no idea of the impact of our positive words. I know that my faith has been shaped by some pretty awesome women who took the time to pray with me, encourage me and just spend time with me. I'll be grinning when the Master says to them.."Well done, my child."


Sharing His wonder,

Teresa

1 comments:

Fran said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I am half crying and half grinning from ear to ear over here!!!

I am completely with ya on the wonder of it all...spiritually and physically! :)

I'm going to find me someone to nudge along.

Love ya Teresa!! I'm so glad we got to talk today.
Hugs,
Fran