CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Smile

Walking through the waters of parenting a teenager can be a bit treacherous at times. You are never quite sure what you'll get.

Actual conversation at our home last week....

Mom: "Darling, I just wanted to let you know ahead of time about something so you wouldn't freak out tomorrow at school if someone says something....last night at the Jr. High game I was throwing the football with Eric and Thomas." (If you don't have a teenager let me explain...Mom is NOT supposed to talk, smile or much less throw the football with anyone in High School...)

Darling Daughter: No response

Darling Daughter: Still no response

Darling Daughter: "Mom?"

Mom: "Yes?

Darling Daughter: "You did throw it good...didn't you?"

Mom: "Yes, darling, a perfect spiral every time."

Darling Daughter: Big smile

Mom: Bigger smile!!!!

Thankful for smiles and perfectly thrown spirals,
Teresa

2 comments:

BethAnne said...

Oh dear, I dread those days of not knowing what is acceptable and what is unacceptable........they are coming - I think I will enjoy my kids while they think everything I do is cool....ugh!

Fran said...

That is too cute Teresa!!! Have a wonderful rest of the week. Always praying for you! Coming to the big city any time soon???

Hugs,
Fran