CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Amazing God

Joshua 3:5 Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you."



LOVE the book of Joshua! And that is what we are studying in Bible Study this year..(Joshua, Judges, Ruth 1 and 2 Samuel). And I love this verse..."Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you." Don't you want to see the Lord do amazing things? I do!..it's that "consecrate yourselves" part that always trips me up. Consecrate: to set apart; to devote to some purpose....I desperately want to see God do amazing things, so according to this scripture I need to consecrate myself...to actively set myself apart for His purposes. While there is nothing I can do without Him...including putting my feet on the floor each morning...each new dawn He gives me a new day. Now...I can go about this day in my way or His way...I have the choice. It is a no-brainer if I want to see Him do amazing things...it's His way! What does that mean in an ordinary day for me?

It means:
1. Taking His divine appointments as they really are...and not as interruptions
2. Realigning MY schedule if He chooses to realign it
3. Not always having to be right OR to have the last word
4. Studying His word
5. Keeping the communication lines with Him open at ALL times

Do I do these all the time? No...On those few days that I do...do I always see the Lord do amazing things? No Have I seen Him do amazing things on ordinary days...Yes...But you know what?...the days I don't make a conscious decision to set my life apart for Him, my heart is not tender toward His voice and my eyes are not tender toward His amazing things...And it grieves me to think of all the amazing things He has done for me that I simply missed...they were there, they were amazing but I missed it because I hadn't set myself apart for Him.

Holy Amazing Father,
I long to see You do amazing things! Forgive me the times I missed You. I don't want to miss You this day. I want to see ALL You have for me. Quicken my spirit, allow the lenses of the world to fall from my eyes so I can see all You have planned for me. Don't allow the enemy to steal that which You wish to give. Your love is amazing, breathtaking and incredible and I love you so. In Jesus precious name, Amen

What amazing thing have you seen the Lord do lately?

Loving and looking for the amazing,
Teresa

PS: Thanks to Karen for telling this tech-challenged gal how to do this linky thingy! ( I think I did it right! Whooo hooo!)

5 comments:

Fran said...

Look at you being all techy!!!!

And, I love this word Teresa. I mean how can it all be so easy to understand and yet so hard to put into practice?!

I am looking for some amazing-ness this week for both of us! Set your self apart girlfriend. :)

Big hugs,
Fran

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

I love Joshua as well!

Thanks for the beautiful prayer, Teresa.

Blessings!

Alene said...

Yes, Yes, Yes - I love it! Our God will do and does amazing things. Oh girl - be amazed! I so needed this reminder this morning. Blessings.

Leah Adams said...

Joshua has to be one of my very fav books. I have a message that the Lord gave me from Joshua and I LOVE, LOVE speaking it.

God has beaten me up recently with Romans 12: 1-2 which goes right along with this post. Seems He is trying to speak to many of us.

Have a blessed evening, friend.

leah

ocean mommy said...

OH MY VERSE AGAIN!!!

God gave this verse to me the morning I flew to San Antonio. He has also put it in front of me several times since then..so precious to me!

Have a wonderful weekend!
stephanie