CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm Back...sorta of...

Hello friends!
I have missed you! Not sure how this bloggy break got to be sooo long. But glad to be back.

I have spent a little time in the desert recently..(and not completely out yet..but getting there)...I was trying to discern how I got here...here being-empty, drained, dry, burned-out...you know what I'm talking about. For the past 5 months I have been spent...totally spent...for everyone else. Starting in January there was....

* A major shift in a Bible Study I am involved in with more responsibilities, along with some personnel changes that were both sweet and hard.
* The flu...tough stuff!
*Major trip and training on the end of that flu...
*May! (school activities-need I say more!!)
*Major family events here at our home...(parties for loved ones!)
*Disappointment at the hands of friends...

Whew! I just feel better writing that out! All this to say (and thanks for letting me whine/ I mean share *grin*)...God is good! And while I am empty at the moment...He is in the business of "filling" up! Two more projects on the table and then I'm going in for a full tank refill!!!
I share this to remind YOU...get your tank filled...filled with His Word, His presence..filled with HIM!

Habakkuk 3: 17-18 Though the fig tree do not blossom nor the fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my strength.

Filling up and praising!
Teresa

PS: I would consider your prayers precious...(and if anyone has a quiet, deserted place a worn out gal could use to retreat to..let me know!!:))

7 comments:

Fran said...

Know the desert all too well and not a big fan of it. I prefer the ease of the beach. However, life isn't always the beach huh?!

You know I love ya. I'm praying for you tonight. Hoping we both have some fabulous Summers!!!

Talk soon!
Fran

Ginger said...

Hi friend...been to the desert myself a few times. Sure can get a little dry there, but there is some beauty in that dry land. Sometimes we don't see it until the journey is near end. Take the time you need.

I took a short blogging break myself. Sometimes it is just needed. Hope things are getting better.:)

Summer's coming...maybe there will be an opportunity for some rest and a little peace and quiet. My prayers are with you.

Missed your lovely posts...look forward to your inspiring words!

Alene said...

Hope you are doing better. That desert is exhausting. I'd love to offer a place for you in Texas. The heat here would make it feel like the desert though. Blessings friend.

Ginger said...

Hi Teresa,

Hope you are doing well. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. I'd hoped to email you, but didn't see an address. If you'd like, please see my profile and email me, I'd like to share something with you. Take care!

Ginger :)

seesawfaith said...

Funny how God, even in his "silent" mode can still show his hand is moving.

I found your blog through a series of clicks and links. I am not even sure how I got here. Definately a God thing.

I have been in the desert for much longer than I would like and it seems I am surrounded by people that are bounding ahead in their spiritual walks and connections. It's disconcerting to say the least.

Even though I know that God is teaching me patience and to trust that He IS who he says he is, it is still a stinky place to be.

Thanks for sharing your life out here in "bloggy world". It's nice to know I am not the only one that has been out in the heat.

Shannon

Jean Stockdale said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Parenting is tough. Mothering is a holy occupation but it is rough.

I just read your blog post. I can so relate. I have done my sharing of battling burned out and given out only to rediscover all that is mine in Christ. You will be stronger in the end, for having walked this path. Glad to hear you are "coming out of the dark". Now as you stand, blinking in the bright light of His renewed presence, I pray He will restore your soul and re-energize your spirit. STanding with you! jean

Deirdre said...

just read your comment on the LPM blog. wow what a lovely thought.
Almost made me cry.