CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

About 3:15 Saturday afternoon, the Lord opened His storehouses of snow on our little corner of West Tennessee and for about 6 hours decorated our world in the most beautiful, breath-taking way. Never mind that I've had buttercups blooming for 2 weeks, this was the prettiest snowfall I can remember. So pure and white, blinding white and sparkling like diamonds! As I wandered around applauding our Lord for His handiwork, my heart felt as though it would pop...

Could it be true? Really true?
Come now, let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
Oh Yes! my friend it is true!!! Through the blood of Jesus our sins are washed white as snow!



In just a few short weeks this is where I'll be sitting with a tall glass of tea, studying God's word, and drinking in His sunshine!


And this tree to the right will be covered in dogwood blooms!


In case you can't read that very well it says...12 inches!!!! Yes sir!!!!

Beautiful! Simply Beautiful!!
Now I know for some of you sweet, Northern sisters this is small potatoes; but for us Southern sisters this is a BIG deal!!! I'll try to post more later of the children, but I better take advantage of this quite house and study for Bible Study!
Soaking in His beauty and (washing clothes! good grief, snow produces a lot of laundry!)
love,
Teresa

9 comments:

Ginger said...

Hi there,
How beautiful! Don't you just love how God has a gentle, natural way of slowing us down?

We're expected to get around 6 inches or more here tonight. I'm not really looking forward to making up the days for school, but I do love the beauty of it all and the slow pace.

Thanks for sharing the scripture and beautiful photos. Great reminder. That house is amazing! Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend.

Anonymous said...

Isn't this just unbeleiveable? I still cannot beleive we got snow and lots of it. It was a beautiful snow. Our boxers did enjoy it. I cannot imagine how short dogs managed in it. Our dogs hate rain but loved the snow and had to be begged to come in the house.

How is your teaching going? We are nearly halfway through this semester of Paul's letter on Philippians. It is a great book to study and so rich with truth! Blessings as you serve the Lord and invest in kingdom work!

Karen Hossink said...

Hi Teresa,
I love the scripture and the way God can make it come to life.
But this sweet northern sister is BEGGING you to keep the snow down south. I am soooooo ready to be done with snow for at least nine more months. *sigh*
Have fun shoveling! LOL

Grace said...

Hi Teresa, though I am here in MI, but I am greatly glad that the snow was pouring there. At least there was a sharing... :)
As I read your post, it made me ashame of myself, complaining when thi snow will be over.
Thank God for the snow. :)

Natalie Witcher said...

Oh my word, that is gorgeous! you're house is amazing too! Glad you were blessed with such beautiful snow!

Runner Mom said...

Simply lovely! I'm doing the laundry as we speak!! We had no power for a day...but it was still beautiful!!

Hugs,
susan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I think I might possibly enjoy my Iphone if I can ever figure it out and if I could just see the little butttons!! Blessings as you walk with the Lord and serve His kingdom.

Anonymous said...

Teresa,

I've been "out of pocket" for the past couple of weeks so I'm catching up on my favorite blogs. These pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Looks like you got lots more snow than we did in Spring Hill.

I hope you have a blessed day, friend. I'm seriously thinking that a Nashville meet-up is in order for all the Tennessee bloggers! There are too many of us not to get together. What do you say?

Your home is beautiful and makes me want to come this summer and sit a spell -- maybe have some lemonade with you!! :)

Blessings, friend!
Dori

Linda said...

Wasn't it beautiful?? I so enjoyed it. Hope you are doing well. We warmed up here and now it is going back down. :(
Blessings,
Linda