CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Season's end

It's official. Soccer season has ended for our varsity girls team. And I am sad. We lost a heart-breaker last night. And another season has ended. My freshman and her friends were especially sad because it was the last time for them to play with this group of senior girls...an awesome group of older girls who encouraged, challenged and just flat-out made our freshman girls feel special. There were many tears shed and many hugs shared...many! (I thought we'd never get to the car!:) The mood in the car was one of reflection and sadness. But then after some good grub, I watched it happen...hope emerged...hope for future seasons. The tears were gone and the laughter had returned. There would be other seasons to come and with the knowledge of that...hope.



There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: Ecclesiastes 3:1


Are you nearing the end of a season? Is there sadness over that? Sometimes a season ends before we are ready and other times we think the season will never end. But you know, today I am thankful for the rhythm of seasons. It gives us a something to hope for...the wonderful possibilities of a new season. And it gives us reason to...trust...To trust in the One who orders the seasons... of this world and of our lives. So if a sweet season is nearing the end, take heart, the next one may be even sweeter...and if you are waiting for an difficult season to end...take heart the sweet One is in control.


Father, my heart is tender today when I think of Your love for us. That You knew our hearts would need hope, and change and trust..and so You created seasons for us. And You give us sweet release with our tears and time for our hearts to soar with new possibilities. May You be praised this day Holy One! Almighty God! In the tender name of Jesus, Amen.



What's that I hear?....Could it be?....the sound of a basketball bouncing?...OH YES! Another season is here!!


Catching my breath and praying for you,
Teresa

4 comments:

Runner Mom said...

Hey,Teresa!
I understand the bittersweetness of this. My oldest will finish cross country season on Saturday as a JV (unless a major miracle occurs, and he drops a minute on his 5k time!!). He's bummed about not getting to see the varsity guys and train with them --at least until track season starts! But you are so right...there is a time for everything and praise God, He always give us hope for the future.

Hugs,
Susan

Fran said...

This got me Teresa. Just got me.
I love ya and I thank you for these beautiful words this morning.

Truly thankful for the season I'm in.

Big hugs,
Fran

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Consider this your official invite from me, Heather!I am looking for as many bloggers as I can find that would like to participate in a bloggy "Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving." I dreamed this idea up as a way to give thanks to the Lord for His work in each of our lives by sharing our testimonies with the world wide web on Monday, November 24, 2008. That's the Monday before Thanksgiving guys! Many of you may choose to leave that post up for the entire week and I encourage that. My prayer is that this sharing of our testimonies will not only encourage each other and give Glory to our Lord but also to those who happen upon our blogs.

These instructions will be posted up on the dedicated blog until the day of the event so you can find them there as you prepare or for uses of copy & pasting the blurb. I realize there may be many of you who have never written your personal testimony. The more I write about my testimony the more goodness I see in how the Lord worked in my life. Here's a tip on a format of which I have written and helped me to write my testimony. Ask these questions:

Who were you?
Who was He?
What happened?
Where were you?
Who are you now?
Who is He?
I'm excited to embark on this journey of Giving Thanks! I hope you all are too. If you want let the word out on your blog please by all means i'd appreciate any help I can get. Direct back to my place if you want. I need all the help I can get with putting the scoop out there in the blog lines that WE, THE CHILDREN OF ONE AWESOME GOD, ARE ABOUT TO TESTIFY! Whoo-hooo! Many people are out there searching. Let's point them to WHO to get filled up by!

If your interested in taking part sign up in my comments and i'll remind you as we get closer to that time! Hopefully this early notice will help us generate more to join and give us ample time to seek the Lord in prayer as to what and how He'd like us to share our stories.

For more info go to the dedicated site at: www.themouthbehindthemoose.blogspot.com
(That reads "The Mouth Behind The Moose" dot blogspot dot com)

Happy Writings,
Heather Twitchell
Swallowing A Moose

Pat said...

Teresa,
This is so good. Seasons coming and going can be so bitter-sweet. God is good all the time but some moments and seasons just seem sweeter than others and yet pass so fast.
Good Word! Thnak you for sharing.
pat