CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Eighteen years ago last night I married the sweetest, most handsome fella around. And not a day goes by that I don't say.."Thank you Jesus!" Did I say eighteen years? Man! that doesn't seem possible! Some days it seems like maybe eight years, but then that beautiful teenage daughter will walk in the room and I'm reminded that maybe we have been married a while. He is still as handsome as he was 21 years ago when I met him on a blind date...he is still as compassionate, kind, easy-going and fun-loving! And I wouldn't trade him for the world! And so I lift him to our Lord...

Heavenly Father, You know how hard it is for me to put into words what Chester means to me..and so I simply say..thank you...thank you...Father I pray that Chester will run hard after You, that You will surround him with mighty men You hand pick. I pray for health and strength and wisdom in guiding our family during these trying times. I thank You for his sweet disposition and his gift of laughter. Lord, forgive me for not always being the wife You intended me to be and I thank You for Your grace in those times. I pray that You will bind us even tighter together as we continue to reach for You. In the precious name of Jesus, Amen.

And in case you were wondering how we celebrated....two soccer games and two trips to the farm to 'round up a bunch of cows that decided the grass was greener on the other side..(of the fence, that is)...Oh well...guess we'll just have some making-up to do...*grin*

singing and rejoicing! (happy anniversary, baby...)
Teresa

4 comments:

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Teresa!!
Thanks so much for coming by and visiting my blog! I truly appreciate the positive comments!

I just love yours! Happy Anniversary!! Craig and I have been married 18 years as well! And, I agree, I don't know where those years have gone! I will have to tell you that I married a Vols/Colts man! He is brainwashed! His family is from Tenn., thus the connection! Where is Mason? My in-laws are right outside of Knoxville, so we visit there quite a bit. Just wish that they were closer. Oh, and BTW, I'm a Gamecock :) Nov. 1 should be an interesting day!!! Bless both teams hearts!

I plan on visiting again--your spiritual insights are such a gift from God. I love it!

Many blessings,
Susan

Fran said...

Well..we have had one of those cows come check out the greener grass too...i kinda like it. :)

Happy Anniversary to you both!
I "Amen" exactly what you said in your prayer. What a blessing and gift you have been given.

Big hugs,
Fran

Leah Adams said...

Teresa,

I am so behind in blog visiting. So, I am saying Happy Anniversary very, very late. This month has been just a flurry of activity and this week will be the busiest yet. Yikes!!

I was so touched by this post. More of us should be that grateful and humble. You are an inspiration to me. Thanks for your prayers for me this week!!

Leah

Alene said...

Happy Anniversary girl! I'm amazed at how fast time passes. Thanks for sharing here - this was precious. Blessings!