CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Friends! Fun! Food! and Favor!

Can I just tell you?...I have felt the Lord's favor this week. Sweet favor. Undeserved favor.


And it all began Monday.

I love to entertain, love parties, love cooking and boy do I love my sisters-in-Christ! I had the sweet privilege to have my bloggy buddies Jean Stockdale and Fran Thomas for lunch on Monday. We sipped tea, lunched and talked!...(did I say we talked?!). Put three women who love the Lord and have been called to teach together and you'll hear some talking! (none of those awkward silences around here...*grin*).

Jean has taught a Moms group at her church for over 20 years. In fact Fran went to her class many years ago when her children were younger. Well, Jean is just "a tad" bit older than we are...(she's entered that wonderful season of grandbabies.) So you can imagine how Fran and I wanted to hear every word she had to say...Such wisdom. Wisdom that flowed effortlessly from her lips. Later as I reflected on that, it dawned on me that the reason wisdom seemed to drip from her was that...she had actually lived it. She had lived out what she had taught. She and her husband had raised two Godly young men---they didn't just talk about it. And that was the reason she could share wisdom so easily. She is the real deal!



And speaking of real deals...meet my friend Fran. She and I met through this bloggy world and I adore her. She is hip and cool and soooo stinking funny! (Everything I want to be and am not!) And she has a passion for the Lord that is contagious. I can't wait to see where the Lord leads her in using the gifts He has bestowed upon her gorgeous head!

I really didn't want Monday to end...(wow! never wrote that before!). But the Lord had more sweet favor in store for me. This weekend I packed an overnight bag, tossed it in the ole' suv and headed to a wonderful place, filled with some of my most favorite people! YADASISTERHOOD
We laughed, we cried, we took in the Word, we ate and we worshipped!! The speaker was one of my favorites- Lisa Harper. I had the opportunity to visit with her and was truly blessed by her attentiveness and real interest in what was going on with me. She ushers us INTO the Word. And I love that!





Jean and Fran!

Needless to say, I have enjoyed this week immensely! It's not every week that I get to sit, unhurriedly at the feet of such women and be ministered to one-on-one. Thank you, sweet Jesus, thank you so much. I enjoyed every minute.

Praying that I will bless others this week!
Teresa

7 comments:

Runner Mom said...

Hey!! SO excited that you've had a wonderful week, sweet friend!! I love getting together with my gal pals! THere's just something about it!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
Hugs,
Susan

Wendy Blight said...

Teresa,

Saw your comments on Danielle's blog and jumped over to "meet" you. How I loved what you had to say about girlfriends and sisterhood. I LOVE getting together with my girlfriends. I have missed that this summer. Although I enjoyed time with my two kids, I missed times with my friends. So looking forward to Bible study starting up again.

You are beautiful...your eyes and your smile in the picture truly shine the Light of Christ. I can sense your joy in your post.

So thankful I stopped by. Have a blessed day!

Wendy

Tracy Alicia Vinson said...

Hello Teresa,

I'm coming over from Lysa's blog today. Loved your post! I pray over my babies out loud every morning, too! I wouldn't dream of starting the day without scripture and prayer. It is amazing what they know, what they hear in Sunday services, what they teach me! You were a blessing this morning! Was excited to see you are in TN! Have a great day!

Lelia Chealey said...

Hi Teresa, I saw your comment on Lysa's blog and just wanted to say hi. I'm so glad I came by. I have to leave to get my son from the gym and I don't want to leave here! I will be back tonight when it is calm. I love getting together w/ Girlfriends in God also. And even my Girlfriends that aren't saved. Yet. :)
So glad I stopped by.
Blessings,
Lelia

Jean Stockdale said...

Hey sista!! I cannot even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed sitting on your porch and sharing about the things of the Lord. You and Fran are such dears and I left your home with my soul refreshed and my spirit renewed!! What sweet fellowship. Oh the glory of being a part of the family of God. Our fellowship is in the Father, around the Son, and through the Spirit. Mercy. It was sweet.

I am so excited to hear last week went well. I know what you mean by "rushing through" because you are so excited you are about to pop. I always feel that way to when I teach. I want everyone to know everything I learned!! Just so you know, I have taught for nearly 28 years and I can count on less than 10 fingers how many times I have taught and been pleased with my message. I always wish I had said something better, or explained a point better, or moved more quickly through a point, and on and on and on. Only a few times in all those years have I thought, "Yes, I nailed that. That is just like I wanted that to go." The walk of faith is so mysterious. Only the Spirit of God can impart the truth and unravel our words!! I pray this week will be great for you. I am teaching today at First Collierville for their kick off for MOMS. Next week I start teaching MOMS at Bellevue and I am so excited. And we are going to have an online Bible study this year for the first time. We are starting another blog to host it and I have a fascilitator that will direct the discussion. We are really hoping to enlarge our reach for MOMS and the glory of the Lord. Blessings, sweet friends. You are often in my thoughts. jean

Jean Stockdale said...

I agree-it is scary but it shows me how I can easily slip into the habit of putting "God in a box"-something I detest-but don't even know I am doing it until He breaks in and "shakes up my box", reminding me that He is a BIG GOD and refuses to be teated in such a small way.

It was a glorious event and He "showed up and showed off." He is a BIG God!

Love you and praying for you this week!Blessings.

Ginger said...

Hi there....thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words. I hope to get back to blogging soon. Right now I feel like I'm playing catch up at work and getting to know my students again, but God is good! My class is really sweet and the parents have been more than supportive.

Keep my mother in your prayers. This is especially challenging for her. She and my dad were married for 61 years. Thank you again for your thoughtfulness.