CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You Were Created...

I can remember as a child looking intently into the mirror and wondering..."Why in the world was I created?"..."Why am I here?"... I certainly wasn't pretty..stringy hair, braces, glasses...(I'll spare you the pictures..) or rich, or popular....

The answer to that question came many years later. It wasn't until I became a daughter of the King did I understand why He created me....

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9

...And so on this day- January 14- my birthday- ....I will do what I was created to do...

PRAISE HIM!

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord! Psalm 150:6


Praising Him and wishing you were here to join me,
Teresa


6 comments:

Runner Mom said...

Happy Birthday, you sweet little friend!! I really do wish that I could be there with you! Shopping, lunch, running!!! The list goes on! I pray that God will bless you today and for many more years as you continue to glorify Him!!!

Loved this post!!

Hugs,
Susan

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday to my new sister and friend in Christ! I feel as if I have known you for so long! Your blog is such a blessing to me. I too was that stringy haired little girl with glasses, braces, you name it! Oh well.. God has great things in store and planned for those that are faithful and you are.

Blessings to you on your birhday. Have a wonderful day.

Fran said...

Happy birthday a day late but still with mucho love!!!!!!!!!

Call me when you can. I'll treat you to lunch for your day! Don't care when it is!

Love ya,
Fran

Linda said...

Hope it was a great birthday. I loved the post. I still struggle with why I was created even though I have the head knowledge sometimes I still have to ask why.
Blessings,
Linda

Linda said...

Happy belated birthday. What a beautiful post about our Lord and why he created us.
Blessings,
Linda

Linda said...

Okay so now I know I am not crazy! I didn't see your comment moderation was on and I kept looking for my post so I reposted and of course after I hit enter I saw the moderation note, meaning you now have two pretty much exact comments. Sometimes I wonder how I got so goofy.
Blessings,
Linda